Saturday, March 31, 2007

Campbells Boardroom Shakeup: A One Act Play

INT: BOARDROOM
A fool-hardy young intern bursts into the room during the executive officers' meeting. He is sweating.

Fool-hardy Intern: Sir! Sir! I’ve found a way to save the company!

William H. Campbell, CEO: What are you talking about? We brought in seven billion dollars last quarter alone! We’re consistently one of the top Fortune 500 companies!

Fool-hardy Intern: Nevertheless! I’ve devised a new ad campaign that can’t lose. It’s a whole new way of thinking of the brand. It’s young, it’s hip. It’s the James Dean of competitive advertising spreads.

William H. Cambell, CEO: Well... out with it!

The fool-hardy intern pauses for dramatic effect.

Fool-hardy Intern: “Campbells Soup… It’s mmm mmm great.”

The board members gasp. A chill fills the room. Somewhere in the distance, a young woman screams.

William H. Campbell, CEO: Outrageous! OUTRAGEOUS! It’s heresy! I’ll never let it happen! It was mmm mmm good when my grandfather led this company, it was mmm mmm good when my father led this company, and by God, it will be mmm mmm good long after I’m stone cold dead in my grave!

Fool-hardy Intern: But, Sir…

William H. Campbell, CEO: Out of my boardroom! OUT! You’ll never work in soup again, you hear me? NEVER!

Exeunt intern.
END SCENE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home